Monday, March 5, 2012

Becoming Jane..

Grandma Jane will be escaping town for two weeks to visit our family in the south. This makes me officially in charge of babysitting Grandpa, and taking over the role of Grandma for two weeks. This is great, because this is finally my chance to prove to Grandpa I'm a real woman now, and to everyone else, that being an old lady is awesome. Here's a list of some typical Grandma things I'll be doing..

-wearing moo moos (I already tried these on Saturday)
-3 hour ironing/steaming sessions
-cooking..apron on at 5 o'clock sharp
-making Grandpas cocktail at 5:30pm (usually a martini or Rob Roy)
-taking disco naps and reading Barbara Kingsolver novels on the couch
-watching Barefoot Contessa
-standing in for Grandma at mahjong
-keeping on top of leftovers in the fridge. Grandmas mantra, "I hate wasting food."
-asking to look at strangers babies in public places
-shopping at Macy's
-checking expiration dates on all food consider buying at grocery store

Grandpa and I already have a date at the Captain Bills Thursday night for cheeseburgers, says he knows a lady at the bar that can get me a waitressing job. I know I'm going to kill this. My goal is comfort, while working hard, so i'll be wearing stretchy pants both weeks.


Love,
Little Jane

4 comments:

Erica said...

Your posts make me smile!

Sharon Telschow said...

OH, MY WORD! She is so cute! I want that top. Um, and you're going to have to teach me to play mahjong. Also, maybe you should unplug the microwave.

emily_rupert said...

love the new layout Lex, looks great :)

Lexi said...

Merci beaucoup mademoiselles! :) Sharon, I don't have a clue how to play mahjong, but I'm positive grandma would love to teach us.