Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 1-babysitting grandpa


Grandma woke up bright and early this morning. I woke up kind of nervous, seeing grandpa run around the house like a riled up chipmunk was making me anxious. I finally felt more docile once grandma got dressed and put her bags in the car. I asked her to give me three final tips before she left, which were: 1- Grandpa doesn't like cabbage, or cauliflower, so don't give it to him (I already know this) 2- If he gets annoyed, just ignore him 3- Keep it cool. Perfect, easy peasy. The rest of the day was pretty calm, Grandpa spent most of it exploring La Guardia airport and delivering a baby gift, so I got some work done and went to a yoga class. Not very Jane like, but she digs it, so it's cool. And she said keep cool. Grandpa tried to make me have dinner at 5, but I told him that was extremely too early. We agreed he'd eat at 5, and I'd eat after my class. We had leftovers.

I don't know why but I am so nervous about this cooking thing that i'm starting to feel nauseous. I just want to close my eyes and give him peanut butter and jellies all week. I was so relieved he wanted leftovers today. I know how to cook, I love to cook, but Grandma is his Ina, and he is her Jeffery. I can't live up to that yet.


neatly organized, very lady like. I love it.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lexi I love you and Uncle Carl.

<3 Emilooo

Jeannette Paladino said...

I've just read all your Grandpa posts, Lexi. And they are so much fun. You've nailed my brother. That's Carl, Sr.!