Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 7- Babysitting Grandpa

It was sadly my last day nannying today and I'm gonna miss my buddy. We were lucky to have a beautiful day, so we took advantage and spent it with some seagulls on the beach. I thought grandpa and I might have a drink on the porch when I got home, but to my surprise he said "we're celebrating! Go put on your lipstick! I got my tax return!" We'll save the porch for tomorrow.

We went to the clam bar by the ferries in Bay Shore, one of grandpas favorite places. He was wearing a beautiful blue shirt I complimented him on last week but forgot to take a picture of, I got him this time. Then he asked to take a picture of me. My dad and his brothers used to be clammers in their summers home from college, and grandpa and grandma love to reminisce about this. I like to hear their stories because it reminds me where my desire to be by the water partially stems from. When we got back to "the ranch" I taught grandpa how to do laundry, he took thorough notes and did a great job when I had him do it on his own. My favorite part was when he wrote out the description of a dryer sheet "freshens clothes and removes static electricity".

1 comment:

Jeannette Paladino said...

Such a long time ago. Now you're a married lady with a baby. Where does the time go.