Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 3- Babysitting Grandpa

Grandpa and I both had nightmares last night, so we got a late start on our day. He told me he was so terrified, he couldn't wait to wake up, me too, I dreamt my eyeball fell out. He played golf, and I ran around town running Jane errands all day. As soon as I walked into the grocery store my mind went completely blank. Im positive I walked around the store in circles 5 times. But then I got a phone call from my pal Sharon, and she helped me regroup. I think it turned out to be a successful trip, I made sure I checked all the expiration dates and ended up being there for an hour. I'm pretty sure people thought I was a mom because I was driving Grandmas Bonneville and I had a baby seat in the back of the car. I was going for "young Jane in her 30's".

As I was carrying the groceries from the garage to the house, I heard Grandpa calling my name. I was getting confused because I didn't see his car. I turned the corner to see him sitting on the porch bench with his face in his hands and his shoes off, when he looked up at me his face was bright red. My heart started beating faster and I immediately starting thinking somebody beat him up. He looked at me and said "..The car got stolen............I'm jus kiddin!".....Wow Grandpa. It turned out he got sun burned on the golf course. He was dropped off because he realized he'd left his wallet at the house, and he didn't want to risk driving the half mile home without his license. He is definitely a "better safe than sorry" kind of guy.

Grandma has been calling in to check in on us. Grandpa told me at dinner "oh Janey, she's so cute, she worries about us". We had a very passionate conversation about organization, and how it can change your life. He pointed out two very good benefits of organization, 1) it eliminates stress 2) it gives you more time, and time is precious. I couldn't agree more.


Little Jane

4 comments:

lia paladino said...

umm.. i definitely called while you were in the grocery store and you did not answer. am i not important enough??

Lexi said...

You sent me a text message! I surely answered!

theo said...

I am certainly enjoying reading about your life life as lil Jane. You have added a comical twist - You make a mama proud!

BidingTimeInBmore said...

Tarzan, What a jokester.