Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 2- Babysitting Grandpa

Grandpa has actually been very sweet to me. I think he senses my nervousness. When I saw him all calm and cool while I was trying to get dinner on the table by 6:15, I put the pressures of being Jane on the back burner for the night. I realized, this man is on a schedule, and my most important goal should be to stick to that schedule. So I'm sticking to the schedule. While we were having a conversation at dinner I couldn't stop thinking that he reminded me of a gentle silver back gorilla.

If you ever catch the Fire Island ferry in Bay Shore and you pass Garden Park, that land was going to be apartments, but grandpa led a petition for two years and got the county to buy that land. He calls it "His Park", and we're taking a field trip there tomorrow evening. We ended the night watching our favorite movie, Singin in the Rain. We couldn't decide on our favorite scene because every one is so amazing. But I really think his is the classic Gene Kelly Singin in the Rain number. He told me a little trivia that Gene did that in just one take, that impressed me. I'm hoping he'll want to watch it again, because I already want to.



*ps! Merci for all your sweet comments, I'm glad you're enjoying lil till! Thank you to my brother CJ for letting me use his beautiful picture of a ballerina in the street! ;)*

1 comment:

Diana said...

What a great writer you are! I told you I am looking forward every day to a new installment of Life on the Lane! I think you should continue documenting this all thru the move, now THAT will be interesting!